Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackened21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
I have a MacBook Pro 2017 touch bar and it has really bad UI lag especially when I launch mission control

Just wondered if High Sierra fixes this issue and does High Sierra run faster on MacBook Pro 2017 model?

ryxn

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2017
Your machine shouldn’t be experiencing any bad lag when it comes to Mission Control or many other apps. If it’s really bad, I’d take it into an Apple Store to get it checked.

However, High Sierra does include Metal 2, which many users with older machines have said that it reduces UI lag. If your data is backed up and you feel comfortable, go ahead and install the beta and see if you notice anything different. Installing the beta does not void your warranty, so you can still take it in after if you experience lag still.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
Installing the beta does not void your warranty, so you can still take it in after if you experience lag still.

Just keep in mind they won’t work on or troubleshoot a machine running a beta. They will make you downgrade and they won’t do it. They will tell you how to.

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Your machine shouldn’t be experiencing any bad lag when it comes to Mission Control or many other apps. If it’s really bad, I’d take it into an Apple Store to get it checked.

I don't think that's necessary. It's a Beta. Wait until GM.

EDIT: I misread the original post. I was under the mistaken impression the OP was running High Sierra. Disregard my post.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.