Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arthur_Swart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2017
NL
Just erase the drive, not the partition. If already inside a partition, of course can't repartition the disk.
View attachment 761022 View attachment 761021

I got it working! Thanks, toggling the drive in stead of the partition made it all work. Weird the default setting is to display a partition with an identical name as the drive that needs to be formatted. I guess I overdid the trust I had in Apple logic and ease of use.
A new problem has come up, although just reformating the drive once again will solve that I'd prefer a solution that involves a mouseclick or two: I accept double verification during installation. That means a code is sent to my mini when I try to download something from the App Store. That is somewhat inconvenient when I am downloading something on my iPad while on the road where I have no access to the Mini where the challenge is sent... Suggestions?

Reactions: h9826790

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Jul 14, 2016
based on my experience with High Sierra...I would say STOP....there is no advantage with this HS...I get all kinds of messages that this or that Quit....Pass on it.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Agree with Phil in post above this one.

If you have Low Sierra installed and running, don't bother with High Sierra.
Just "politely decline" any invitations to "upgrade".
Things will run fine without it.
You're just going to have to trust us on this...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.