Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ByTheLake44

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2023
I have a 2015 MacBook Pro running Sierra. I'm hoping to upgrade to High Sierra or Mojave and still have my CS6 and Quark2016 software work WITHOUT needing to reinstall the software. Will upgrading to High Sierra break all my software? (I purchased my Mac used, and it came with the software, so I don't have any of the registration info. I am a freelancer and don't always do enough business to warrant the expense of the Adobe subscription.) Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

DeepYogurt

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2008
Should be fine - I use CS6 on my High Sierra and Mojave systems - but when 32-bit app support was dropped in Catalina that is when you will have a problem. Don't have any experience with Quark2016 but would suspect that it will be OK as well - but check with Quark to be sure. You can also check RoaringApps website - https://roaringapps.com - to see what versions of macOS work with what app versions. Good luck...

-bob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.