Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tromo

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2008
FWIW, saw the same thing with a new 38mm SS...turning off location services for passbook on the paired phone seems to have solved the problem.

Outsiderdude26

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2005
New England
I recently moved to a SS SB Apple watch from a Sport and notice horrible battery life for until last night when I wen through the Apple Watch app and notice that some of the apps were still "installing" even though they had already been installed. So I uninstalled and reinstalled.

It seems to be a bug in unpairing and pairing process. that some apps stay in the "installing" phase indefinitely draining the battery. I could be even worse if you are testing apps with Apple Watch functionality via TestFlight as take longer to install and have to be managed in the TestFlight app.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I still believe it takes several days to a week to get an accurate picture of battery life. There's a lot of syncing going on when you first get it and if you un-pair the watch you're essentially wiping it and starting over at day one. One thing I did that has made a quite noticeable difference in battery life was to enable "Reduce Transparency" in the Apple Watch app accessibility settings. That also improved the readability of all the screen alerts I receive. I understand that enabling "Reduce Motion" will also increase battery life although I haven't done that. Mine is quite good now as it is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.