Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
Correct me if I am wrong. If you have the Unlimited Data plan and sold your ipad with it. All you have to do is change the credit card info to the new owner right? Since you can't get the same plan after June 7th, people would pay more for the iPad.

iserian

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Palo Alto Apple Store
Unlimited via ATT appears to be gone - I don't expect folks who currently have it to be able to re-up in perpetuity.

IMO resale value of our gen 1 pad's will be quite low when gen 2 comes out. I for one consider my pad's to be of the consumable variety.

2002cbr600f4i

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2008
Sure, great idea.... right up until the idiot you sold it to doesn't pay their bill and AT&T comes after YOU to pay it!

Buck987

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
I have a new unopened 3G 64gb sitting on my shelf. My Wifi only was going to go to wife but haven't got around to set up the new one yet.

I should be able to get a better price for it before 6/7...no? I really don't need unlimited.

Maybe a quick craigs list sale?

What premium could it bring?

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
Unlimited via ATT appears to be gone - I don't expect folks who currently have it to be able to re-up in perpetuity.

IMO resale value of our gen 1 pad's will be quite low when gen 2 comes out. I for one consider my pad's to be of the consumable variety.

I don't see why not....figure the percentages. What percentage of the 2 Million iPads sold were 3G? Out of the 3G owners, what percent do you figure went with the $14.95 data plan, and what percent didn't activate at all with only plans to do so on a need basis? Then out of the rest, what percentage plans to perpetually pay the $30/month.....they really aren't losing out in that case.....

And when 2nd Gen iPad 3G arrives, if you want to upgrade....move the Sim from the old device to the new.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Correct me if I am wrong. If you have the Unlimited Data plan and sold your ipad with it. All you have to do is change the credit card info to the new owner right? Since you can't get the same plan after June 7th, people would pay more for the iPad.

Correct!

I'm changing my sig based on this. The rich get richer (of course).

BJ

Posted from my iPad 3G/64GB/UDP/$929

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.