Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appppppppple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2018
Hello,

I use icloud to sync between the iPhone and iPad and Mac.

For a long time now, I have had a problem with the history of Safari being deleted on my iPhone and iPad. Mac does not have this problem (as long as I do not delete manually, nothing is deleted, of course, in automatic deletion settings it's on manual), I mean history is deleted by itself, which can be seen a few days - weeks back, nothing more. What I noticed, it depends on how many sites I surf. The more it can be seen less days back. In any case, the maximum is a few weeks back. It must be noted that there was once no problem with this, and history would have been properly alienated. The rest of Safari synchronization (bookmarks, tabs and reading list works great).

I dug in the Internet quite a bit and saw that I was not the only one with the problem. In any case, I did not find a logical solution.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Safari history on iOS has always been finite. It might have variables like storage available, how often its accessed, iCloud storage, amount of devices, amount of sites, etc, random arbitrary thing, etc. Currently all 3 of my iOS devices date back until "Wednesday Feb 21st" since that is a Wednesday it would have to be 2018. That would lead me to believe its about a month of history, could be coincidence though and that is the max amount of sites.

Appppppppple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2018
Thanks for the comment.
Strange about this. I spoke to Apple's support and they say there's no limitation on the length of history on iOS devices, so as long as I do not delete manually, nothing should be erased. I have a lot of free space both in the memory of the device and in iCloud.
Are you sure what you're saying?
Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.