Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
So ever since clean installing 11.2 on my SE and not restoring from backup, the hollowed out location services icon doesn’t stay on for me all the time for me. This is strange, worrisome and great all at the same time. It’s great because it is similar behavior to 10.3.3, but it is worrisome because from day one of iOS 11 (all the way to 11.2), it was always there. The description says it is there to show that stuff “can have access to your location at anytime” but isn’t currently using it so I am not sure what is going on .

Might backup and then hard reset and then see if it comes back after a week of use and the phone isn’t behaving the same (location reminders, learning my contexts of use based on location after aweek, etc). Again I’m not complaining because this exactly how 10.3.3 was, but it also had a different definition for the hollowed services icon and I’m worried if services that I use won’t work the same.

Has anyone else experienced this?
[doublepost=1512733090][/doublepost]Nvm a restart fixed it and icon is back. Mods can close this, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: venomx999

Nuubi

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2017
Don’t worry about it. It’s just apps using Geo fencing. If non is using it the indicator wouldn’t pop up. Geo fencing is also use by compass calibration in the background, assuming you always have the option on.

Reactions: jrdatrackstar1223

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
Don’t worry about it. It’s just apps using Geo fencing. If non is using it the indicator wouldn’t pop up. Geo fencing is also use by compass calibration in the background, assuming you always have the option on.

Yea that’s why I was confused because I know there are apps that would’ve had it turned on and displaying. A soft reset fixed it though and it is now showing all the time like expected.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.