Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zepharus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
I used the Text rate change in march as the grounds for why i should be let out... the guy puts me on hold for 10 min then comes back and tells me im right!!! FREE TERMINATION!! woo hoo off to The apple store!

dr2323

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
gonna try it later on today. I really wanna get this iPhone ASAP. I only have like a month or so left on my contract so I think they will do it. I HOPE!

aft

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
Holy CRAP that's AWESOME. Does anyone know how to get out of a Sprint contract for free?!? It'd save me $400 (me and my wife)!

Pookieinc

macrumors member
May 18, 2007
California
What did you tell them exactly? I want to do the same, but I don't really know how to argue it... Can someone put it in layman's terms so that it'll make it easier to argue? Thanks!

animenick65

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
Yea, Im pretty sure this would only work if you dont have a text plan. Unfortunatly I do. Thanfully the ETF is prorated and is only a $100 for myself. Not too bad.

alexplank

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Yea, Im pretty sure this would only work if you dont have a text plan. Unfortunatly I do. Thanfully the ETF is prorated and is only a $100 for myself. Not too bad.

even if you have a text plan, your overseas texting fees have been raised so it affects everyone.

SChaput

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008
United States
I have a texting plan as-well, however it is unlimited to other verizon customers and only 1000 to non verizon customers.
Do you think if i called and claimed i wanted out because of the rise in text message rates that i would, in theory, have to pay once i surpass the 1000 text message mark to others?

sidewalkscenes

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Thanks for the links. I'm going to give this a try although Sprint would have to be blind to not be able to see what I'm really doing since my phone numbers will be ported to AT&T. But hey I'll try anything to save $400

dont you still have to have the line active though for them to port the number? thats what i was told when i switched from verizon to tmobile. i dont know how true that is, or if that is still the case. just wondering.

ehoez

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2007
anyone have a link on how to get out of an AT&T contrat? (i havnt bought iphone yet)

i want to cancel my business account, and get a personal account

thor79

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
Chicago, IL
anyone have a link on how to get out of an AT&T contrat? (i havnt bought iphone yet)

i want to cancel my business account, and get a personal account

Hmm...that's a little different situation. I would think you would need to find some change they made to your account that wasn't supposed to be made or that was incorrectly made...then ask them to nullify your contract due to the change.

Then again you might be able to change your account from a business to personal account and buy the iPhone like a regular customer who is upgrade ineligible. You have to pay the full price of the phone...but you wouldn't get charged the ETF. You'd have to talk with AT&T to see if they can do that for you though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.