Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I have an LG UK650 monitor with USB-C Charging capabilities that is on a monitor mount.

Well, I was turning the monitor vertical and there wasn't enough slack on the cable, so it literally just ripped the USB-C port right out, and the USB-C mount that was attached to the monitor is attached to the detached cable!

Is there anyway to fix this? I am not familiar or know how to solder and the monitor still works with HDMI, but I lose my USB-C charging and connection functionality that I paid so much for in this monitor. Is there anything I can do or is this a lost cause?

Note to self and a warning to others: When adjusting a monitor on a monitor arm, make sure there's a lot of slack!

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Picture of place on monitor where it ripped off and the detached part? Success of repair is usually very high. You can always take it to a phone repair guy since he has the right tools if you don't want to attempt it yourself.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Picture of place on monitor where it ripped off and the detached part? Success of repair is usually very high. You can always take it to a phone repair guy since he has the right tools if you don't want to attempt it yourself.

Going to a cell phone / electronic repair shop is a great idea! I've gotten so used to the idea of electronics being disposable I didn't even think of it. I will post a picture here later today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.