Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saw27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2015
Have seen a few items here and there but nothing exactly the same. I have hard reset my iPad, set up as new, and have home app iCloud disabled. I did not install any IOT devices and the home app is deleted. Battery usage is 20%+ overnight without wake to use and the culprit is Home Accessories Background activity. The app logo is the one that shows when an app is not installed so I am still thinking it is the Home app. Anyone else having this issue and know of how to fix it. I’m disabling bluetooth and Wi-Fi while sleeping which is helping but not really what I call a solution as this is a new problem.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Yep… I made a thread about this very thing in the HomeKit sub forum.

Mvolkanb

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2021
I have the same issue on my Iphone7. It started happening after I upgraded to IOS 15.1. Did you figure out any resolution for this issue?

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I have the same issue on my Iphone7. It started happening after I upgraded to IOS 15.1. Did you figure out any resolution for this issue?
I’m showing 6% usage right now. I haven’t done anything different but we’ll see If that changes. Still higher than the 1-2% I saw in iOS 14.

archerzzz

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2023
Yep… I made a thread about this very thing in the HomeKit sub forum.

Hello ive been suffering the home accessories battery drain problem on my iPhone 15 Pro and I noticed that you have several replies under relevant topics. So have you got any solutions for this? My phone is almost unusable for now and I have to charge it for about 3 times a day.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Hello ive been suffering the home accessories battery drain problem on my iPhone 15 Pro and I noticed that you have several replies under relevant topics. So have you got any solutions for this? My phone is almost unusable for now and I have to charge it for about 3 times a day.
Nothing I did different. Just fixed via Apple’s software updates. I usually notice this battery drain during the first iteration of a major update though.

For the record, I also upgrade my phone yearly at launch. Don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.