Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Hi guys,

When I go into the Maps app and then click on „Show all“ next to „Favorites“ this is how it looks:
F548B723-5BEF-495A-9B0C-4AB2B593C604.png

So my home and work addresses are listed twice. When I delete them from my Contacts app and re-add them they show up twice again.

Anyone has an idea what could be causing this?

Best wishes
Chris

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
I'm just listed one time when I go into the Contacts app. In this profile I set up both addresses. When I e. g. delete the Home address, both entries are gone in the Maps app. Then, when I re-add then Home address I get the duplicate Home entries back.

Yes, my contact card is selected here.

One more thing: I also use a 3rd party contacts app (called "Cardhop"). Is there any users of this app here that also have or have not this bug? Maybe it's related to the app?

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Update: Just uninstalled Cardhop from my iPhone, the bug is still there.

Update #2 (solution): I deleted my addresses again in the Contacts app, swiped left on the entries in the Maps app to delete them all, re-added my addresses in the Contacts app and then re-added the Home and Work addresses in the Maps app through Siri suggestions. Now every entry is just listed once :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.