Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Anyone else experiencing this after updating to 16.2? My name has been replaced with my Apple ID email address in the list of residents. Can’t figure out how to

The other 2 residents display fine. It’s just the owner (myself) that seems to have the bug.

It displays this way on all my devices.

9B7E28A7-38B3-4671-831E-205DBF12A47F.jpeg

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Known issue. Other people have reported this many times. Not necessarily a bug, who knows, this is Apple after all. #StopSweatingTheSmallStuff

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Known issue. Other people have reported this many times. Not necessarily a bug, who knows, this is Apple after all. #StopSweatingTheSmallStuff
it has destroyed my whole homekit...lol not small at all, over 100 of devices, I have 14 OG Homepods and minis, so you can understand, whole house is automated, nothing works now, no lights, curtains, TV's nothing works!😩...it has created an absolute mess

• Sad
Reactions: dustin_

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
I rebooted all my HomePods & Apple Tv's and that seemed to resolve the issue for me. Wife now successfully re-joined my Home.
will try this now, I just backed up my iphone and will nuke it next...had to remove all family members everthing showed as invited...wish me luck

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Having the same problem, but changing something in contacts didn’t work…what did you change and change back?
I edited my apple id email that was in my contacts app. I just changed it from .com to .comm and changed it back. Make sure you save after editing. Then go back in to the contact and revert back to .com

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
My email address shows as well in the Home app and HomeKit is working as it should with the update. It makes sense to show the email as the email account is what ties it all together. It makes it easy to know if you have your HomeKit logged into the correct account as owner.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
My email address shows as well in the Home app and HomeKit is working as it should with the update. It makes sense to show the email as the email account is what ties it all together. It makes it easy to know if you have your HomeKit logged into the correct account as owner.
If you click on your name the email shows right below your name. It’s definitely a bug.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
it has destroyed my whole homekit...lol not small at all, over 100 of devices, I have 14 OG Homepods and minis, so you can understand, whole house is automated, nothing works now, no lights, curtains, TV's nothing works!...it has created an absolute mess

I am confused. What has destroyed your whole HomeKit? The fact it shows email address instead of your name? Will you please clarify…?

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
I am confused. What has destroyed your whole HomeKit? The fact it shows email address instead of your name? Will you please clarify…?
ok...if homekit is not setup correctly, you can not run voice automations, because siri runs through homekit...I can not run any of my voice automations with siri...personal requests are not working at all because on my ipads it shows the name as owner me (the way it is suppose to), on my iphone it shows the email address (that is the bug) and that bug is crashing all my voice automations and background automations...it you don't understand that, you are not invested into homekit the way I am...so I have homepods now that don't recognized any of my commands, and the motion sensors are not working, so none of my lights turn on... or my garage doesn't open, or close for that matter, had to look for the actual garage fob to make it freaking work...let me just say this I have 25 homehubs, rebooting all of them is a hassle and it still doesn't work, I have over 130 shortcuts, none of the run....I can't even say good morning to the damn homepod to run my normal morning automation...all it will tell me is the weather...lol

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
just out of curiosity when anyone goes to setting on apple tv after 16.2 update, click on homekit, when information loads, does it still say Connected to your Homekit Home, the name of your home, all the way on the bottom...all my apple tv's use to say that before the update, now there is nothing after Secure Accessories...just trying to figure out if Apple removed that after the update, or are all my apple tv's hosed

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Sorry :( guess it's not a universal fix.
still trying to fix, all day and still nothing, have tried everything...only 3 options I have...nuke my iPhone and start from scratch, call apple support, nuke my whole home...I'll wait for the weekend for the last option, it will take me at least 2 days to redo my whole house😔😤

Update: nuking iPhone did not fix issue, restoring iPad backup to iPhone did not fix issue

Next calling Apple support tomorrow

Last edited:

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Turns out my fix wasn’t permanent. I just checked again and my email address is back to replacing my name.

Not gonna bother with it. Hopefully when they re-issue the architecture update it will get fixed.

Markakett

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2022
I have my email displaying on both my iPad and iPhone. I also have this weird display on the home page. It shows one of my Apple TV’s as playing yet when I click on the settings it’s says it’s playing and it’s not playing. For the record there is no light showing on the actual ATV so I’m assuming it’s actually off. Doesn’t seem to causing any issues, just another “feature” from Apple.
7da6b3892bebc1cda56b1d23aedb871d.jpg

0aff0da40370ba6cc2d8ec3fbe38dcc7.jpg

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
I have my email displaying on both my iPad and iPhone. I also have this weird display on the home page. It shows one of my Apple TV’s as playing yet when I click on the settings it’s says it’s playing and it’s not playing. For the record there is no light showing on the actual ATV so I’m assuming it’s actually off. Doesn’t seem to causing any issues, just another “feature” from Apple.
7da6b3892bebc1cda56b1d23aedb871d.jpg

0aff0da40370ba6cc2d8ec3fbe38dcc7.jpg
I have that occasionally as well. It’s been a bug for a long time in my experience. Noticed it for years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.