Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Not sure if this forum is the best place for help on this issue but I was looking through my system storage on my Mac Studio and was surprised to see the Home app is taking up a whopping 27.7 GB of storage. I have 3 HKSV cameras so I'm assuming the storage is related to video cache but I don't know of a way to purge the cache.

Anyone run into this issue before and/or have a solution on how I can reclaim my storage space? I've restarted my Mac but it had no effect.

Screenshot 2023-06-24 at 10.30.53 AM.png

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
I'm up to 36.22 GB on my Mac, up another 8.5 GB since posting last month. I believe this is a runaway cache issue associated with HKSV.

What's strange is that even deleting a camera's stored recordings has no impact on the cache size. You'd think cache files for videos that don't exist wouldn't be needed and would be purged...

Ben J.

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2019
Oslo
I use DaisyDisk to see what's taking up space on my drives.

Very easy to use, inexpensive, and there's a time-limited fully functional trial that you can use to find out exactly what's in your home folder, sorted by folder/file size.

marklemac

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2003
Southampton, UK.
So I solved my iPhone 107GB Home data file issue.

Signed out of iCloud, rebooted phone, deleted Home app, rebooted phone.

Left it for an hour to reclaim the free space as it then allocated the 107GB to the system data area but it was slowly going down.

Once it cleared I redownloaded the Home app, reconfigured the notifications (as they disappeared), re-added my Apple Pay cards and hey presto I'm back up and running with 107GB of reclaimed space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.