Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evomasta

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Has anyone else's Home app that they use with cameras notice that the app is now using tons of storage space?

Mine was using almost 7 gigs, I ended up deleting it and reinstalling and that cleared the space, But it seems the usage still goes up rapidly after looking at my Homekit cameras.

I'm on a iPad Pro 12.9' (6th gen) fyi.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I’m at 11MB on iPadOS 17, and I view my cameras quite a bit. But - my cameras all support HKSV (HomeKit Secure Video) so it’s not necessary to download/buffer/whatever video as I’m looking at it. My guess is your cameras don’t support that? Compatible cameras show a bullet mark here.

Definitely submit beta feedback about it!

marklemac

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2003
Southampton, UK.
All my cameras are fully HKSV thank you, and this bug is heavily discussed on Reddit.

Anyway I’ve fixed it now.

My data file was at 108GB this week so the only option was to log out of iCloud on my phone. Then delete the home app, reboot the phone. The 108Gb file had gone, but the size of it then moved to the system data. Leaving the phone for an hour I could watch the system data shrinking in size until it reached around 12gb.

I then reloaded the home app, reconfigured the notifications and also had to reconfigure Apple Pay.

But now the home data file is small and everything is just fine 😊

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.