Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcd213

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 24, 2019
Checking to see if I'm the only one with this issue. Whereas before I was able to add individual Sonos One SL's to HomeKit, ever since I linked them as a stereo pair in the Sonos app, the Home app won't allow me to add the accessory. Error message: "Unable to Add Accessory. Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, then try pairing again". I can see the stereo pair when trying to add accessories in the Home app - it appears in the provisioning flow - but when I select that pair of speakers to be added to the Home app, I get this error message.

Does anyone know if stereo paired Sonos are not supported in the Home app vs singular Sonos speakers?

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
All of my paired Sonos speakers are in the home app, and each pair shows up as a single speaker. I added them some time ago though, so there's a possibility that a bug has crept in.

You might try asking on the Sonos forum, if no one can help you here.

Clubkev

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2024
Having a similar issue. Hooked up a stereo pair yesterday, and now when trying to play through airplay, it says they can't be found. Nothing changed but the time and day :/

mrruin

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2017
Had the same issue. You need to reset your Sonos speakers (if they were paired before) and readd them. The upgrade of the Home architecture in 16.4 broke this integration somewhat. Resetting the Sonos speakers and readding them worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.