Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthew2926

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Michigan
Rarely, but still sometimes, when I press the home button once to exit an app it is registered as a double click and brings me to the multitasking app switcher thing. At first I thought this was a hardware problem but after switching back to iOS 7, it seems that the problem only persists in iOS 8. Anyone else getting this?

TeToslaw

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2013
Rarely, but still sometimes, when I press the home button once to exit an app it is registered as a double click and brings me to the multitasking app switcher thing. At first I thought this was a hardware problem but after switching back to iOS 7, it seems that the problem only persists in iOS 8. Anyone else getting this?
Yes, it's a known issue.

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
Home button bug?

I think there was something in the notes about the OS not responding to a single click to wake the device, i don't remember this exact scenario being mentioned.

Last edited:

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I have never seen this happen. What devices are you guys using? Hope we see a fix for it soon.

OctoberFall

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
I'm seeing this very often.
Sometimes when I click the home button once, it goes to the multitasking screen and stays there. Other times it flicks to the multitasking screen and then goes straight back into the app I was in. Very frustrating.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.0, gold master. Fresh install then restored from iOS 7.

It wouldn't be in any release notes - they wouldn't release it and publicly acknowledge it. Never saw it in iOS 7.

rent

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
Just upgraded to iOS 8 and observed this issue. It doesn't happen consistently. I've even reduced the home button double-click speed to "slowest" in Accessibility settings, but it doesn't seem to help.

Anyone else?

iPhone 5/64GB, upgraded from iOS 7.1.2

Last edited:

rent

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
I have since performed the following:

1) Settings / General / Accessibility / Home-click Speed both at Slow and Slowest
2) Settings / General / Reset / Reset All Settings
3) Restore using iTunes, set up as a new phone

The issue persists.

I have then downgraded back to 7.1.2. The issue no longer appears. So this does not appear to be a hardware issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.