Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cinimod1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2016
I am seeing a delay in being able to view recordings from my two cameras in the Home app. I have to open the Apple Home app, select a camera, view the Live video. Then I have to back out of the video feed, wait a few seconds, and then view the video feed again. Only then do the most recent recordings show as available when “scrubbing back”.
Is anyone seeing the same experience?
Logitech doorbell and Logitech Circle View cameras….with Apple TV 4K and latest Apple TV 4K as hubs.
Thanks

Last edited:

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Nobody having this issue?
I just went ahead and checked and yes, I am getting this issue too, but only with my Logitech cameras (Circle 2’s). This issue doesn’t exist with my Aqara cameras.

Must be a Logitech issue then. I haven’t done anything to troubleshoot yet as I just discovered this but did you try rebooting the cameras (remove from power) or anything?

Alfie

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2004
South Dakota
Yes, I am seeing this issue on my Logitech Circle View cameras. I assume it's related to one of the most recent iOS/Homepod updates. I can't say for sure when it started. Not sure if it's the camera's fault or not. I mean the camera is doing the recording, it's just not being displayed in Home app until you go out and back in as you described. Is that a camera issue, or is that a hub/Home app problem?

b17777

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2008
St.Paul MN
I've been seeing this issue with my Aqara doorbell and another Aqara camera.
It eventually loads but it's taking longer than it used to. Apple server problems ?

onepoint

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
USA
yep - lots of weird camera issues popping up over the last week (in my case eufy camera works fine when on my home wifi network but I no longer have access to it when on cellular, even though the eufy app still streams instantly)

same issue with recordings/notifications - I only realized the camera had recorded an event when I was at home and went to view a live stream

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
I've had the same issue for a few months now but I don't have any HK cameras. I'm using the newest Nest Cam outdoor (wired) with the Starling Hub. It takes maybe 30 seconds after the event before I can use Apple Home to view the event. If I use the Google Home App of course the events are viewable right away.

Alfie

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2004
South Dakota
I'm glad to hear it is happening to more than one type of camera....that makes me think it's more of an issue inside the Home app itself and can be cleaned up in a software update vs. waiting for a camera vendor to release firmware.

Cinimod1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2016
Thank you all for replying. It makes me feel better that it’s not just happening to me - not that I wish the problem on anyone else that is!!!

I must admit I haven’t rebooted the cameras, but did power down everything else (ATVs, mesh routers, fiber box, etc) with no difference. I’ll try that in a few and report back.

One other issue I see is that when I am on cellular connection and I open a live feed in the Home app, it takes at least 8 seconds to show a live view from either Logitech camera. I only discovered this issue because I received a motion notification while away from home. Opened the Home app, tapped on the camera and waited approx 10 seconds for a live feed. Then had to back out and tap again - and only then was I able to view the motion. Makes it useless to see something happening live…..if it is a real security issue….

Cinimod1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2016
Just a quick update. I tried powering both cameras but that didn’t help. So I guess I’ll report it to both Apple and Logitech….
Will let you know the FB number if anyone wants to also report it.
Thanks again to everyone for their input.

Cinimod1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2016
Reported to Apple. If you could also report to them you can reference my report number FB13701077

Cinimod1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2016
So, I installed iOS 17.5 b1 on my IP 14PM and the issue is gone. All prior HKV recordings appear in the timeline as soon as I view a camera stream in the Home app. Let’s hope b2 and subsequent betas do not revert 😂

Reactions: Itinj24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.