Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agsmith87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
So I have a HomeKit setup running. At home there is one ATV4, used as my home hub. Everything was fine and working.

Had to get my iPhone replaced so did a backup and restore. All good.

However, now it seems HomeKit won't sync properly. On my iPhone, it says my ATV4 is in standby. When you look at the Home settings on the ATV4, it says connected. Sure enough, when I look at the home app on my iPad, everything is good.

So to maybe try and "force" a sync, I added another my wife's iPad as another home hub; so now there were two. Sure enough, it showed up on my iPad; ATV4 was "connected" and my wife's iPad was in "Standby". But, on my iPhone, the iPad DID show up and it was in standby but the ATV4 remained (also) in standby.

PS: I understand only one device can be connected. This is what it shows on my iPad. My problem is that my iPhone shows BOTH devices as in standby; this makes my phone think no accessories can be controlled, no automations can be run, even deleting an accessory (from my iPad) doesn't show up as deleted on my iPhone. It's all out of sync.

Suggestions?

BrettStah

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2016
Sign out of iCloud on the AppleTV and any other devices that uses the same iCloud account. Grab a beer, and chill out for 10-15 minutes, then sign back into the devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.