Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozsmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2020
Hi All,

Firstly my Logitech Circle View (firmware 8.2.64) is working just fine, with the exception of one thing, I need to manually change the settings to arm it to record as for some reason Home (and I think this is more an Apple thing) doesn't seem to think that our family never leaves the house.

I've been through each of our family member devices and ensure that only one device has location sharing enabled per the instructions from Apple, then I've put all of the devices into a car (including Apple Watches, iPads & iPhones, even those that don't have location sharing enabled) and have driven over 50kms away. At no point did the Logitech Circle View camera change recording mode to "When Away", effectively making this hardware fairly useless to me.

I even logged into FindMy to see if any devices were at home, they weren't.

I've also tried to ensure that all devices were on flight mode (in the house) and this doesn't seem to have any impact at all.

So I can manually change the status to ensure that recordings happen when we are away from the house, this works, but this doesn't quite cut the mustard.

Ideally the auto detection of primary device location would work (or at least have some troubleshooting options), failing that it would be great if Apple could do one of the following:

a) add more granularity to how Home detects if "Away Mode' should be activated, specifcally the ability to select specific people or devices explicitly (for example our kids have devices they use at home, that aren't allowed to leave the house).

b) Enable automation of HKSC devices that allow for shortcuts/automation to change the camera settings based on specific criteria (for example activate between these times, or activate between these times only if these people are home/away).

As it stands right now, I couldn't recommend the HKSV to anyone given what I see as basic functionality limitations, specifically the ability to arm/dis-arm based on time of day and that auto person home detection is in my experience not working at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.