Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackXII

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2024
Overall very happy with the iPhone 15 Pro but have noticed that Home & Lock Screen is on average 1st or 2nd highest battery usage within battery report. I have removed widgets from home screen, lock screen and widget menu and it makes little impact. Widgets generally in use are calendar, reminders and battery widget within widget menu. AOD is off.

Anyone have similar and also possible tips on reducing/solving this? Having Home & Lock Screen higher than apps that have 1-2 hours screen on time seems strange.

Edit: general daily on screen time for Home & Lock Screen is 15-20 minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_1160.png
    IMG_1160.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1161.png
    IMG_1161.png
    353.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1162.png
    IMG_1162.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: Dr.T

Dr.T

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2020
I have the same problem with the iPhone 15 Pro. This morning (10am) I noticed Home & Lock Screen used almost 6 hours on screen even though it's been in my pocket for most of the time with screen off.

Reactions: jackXII

jackXII

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2024
I have the same problem with the iPhone 15 Pro. This morning (10am) I noticed Home & Lock Screen used almost 6 hours on screen even though it's been in my pocket for most of the time with screen off.
Its strange. I don't get high screen on time from it yet its a high drainer.

Do you have raise to wake disabled?

Dr.T

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2020
Yes it’s disabled. Someone suggested to reset network setting, and it might have fixed it at least for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.