Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JWreck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Within the last couple to few weeks we’ve noticed that our “time for bed” scene (through the Home app) - which is set to play a specific album in my library - no longer works on the first attempt anymore. Previously worked for at least a year.

Siri from our HomePod tells us something to the effect of “the media could not be found” but then if we activate the scene again via any method, it generally works.

Haven’t seen any posts on this particular issue and wondering if anyone else is experiencing a similar issue? My last attempt with Apple support for a separate issue made me never want to call them again.

JWreck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
FWIW testing after 13.6 was released earlier today (and installed on all devices and 13.4.8 on the HomePod) has been consistently positive...we’ll see over the next few days.

JWreck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
Nope. Not fixed. Still very annoying. The most simple automation, and it can’t cut it. Very frustrating.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Siri continually forgets my scenes. They work for months, then stop working. They still show and work in the Home app, but Siri doesn't recognize them. Removing them, adding back with a different name, and a few days later changing the name back to the original seems to fix Siri's amnesia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.