Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr.vince

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2022
I did not expect this to get fixed anytime soon. They are too busy with mimimi and whining over EU changes.

MarioPhone96

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2017
New York
This post clarifies so much. I noticed since iOS 16.0 that parallax was broken. Rarely I would see it operate properly, and normally the background is just static. It wasn’t until I read this post that I confirmed it’s a bug; it has steps to reproduce it every time, but only after a reboot. Quite a shame, really. Apple’s software QA is quite bad nowadays.

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
This post clarifies so much. I noticed since iOS 16.0 that parallax was broken. Rarely I would see it operate properly, and normally the background is just static. It wasn’t until I read this post that I confirmed it’s a bug; it has steps to reproduce it every time, but only after a reboot. Quite a shame, really. Apple’s software QA is quite bad nowadays
With Rumors of iOS 18 being a complete redesign, I doubt Apple will fix this bug before iOS 18.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
Mine does nit seem to work after reboot either. Complete static all the time.
You have to make sure you don’t swipe left or right after the reboot.

You could also try changing your zoom mode to zoomed and then back to standard to “soft boot” and that fixes it as well, but I find it faster to just reboot. I made a shortcut to reboot.

twintin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
Sweden
You have to make sure you don’t swipe left or right after the reboot.

You could also try changing your zoom mode to zoomed and then back to standard to “soft boot” and that fixes it as well, but I find it faster to just reboot. I made a shortcut to reboot.
No swipe after reboot. Not even the badget jiggles like yours. Reduce motion is disabled. This is on iOS 17.3 and iPhone 13.

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
No swipe after reboot. Not even the badget jiggles like yours. Reduce motion is disabled. This is on iOS 17.3 and iPhone 13.
Do you have low power mode on? That’s the only other thing that will stop it. Other than that, I don’t know why yours won’t work.

mattspace

macrumors 68040
Jun 5, 2013
Australia
that's hilarious - the parallax still applies to the notification badge on the app icon. It looks like a z-axis targeting issue - maybe the notification badges were raised another level in the stack so they'd show a differential perspective from their icons, and someone forgot to re-target the parallax down to two levels from the top to take that into account...

Dust-by-Monday

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2021
that's hilarious - the parallax still applies to the notification badge on the app icon. It looks like a z-axis targeting issue - maybe the notification badges were raised another level in the stack so they'd show a differential perspective from their icons, and someone forgot to re-target the parallax down to two levels from the top to take that into account...
The search button also moves if you have that showing.

Jacob Frye

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2024
I don't what to tell when i restarted my iphone it started happening all suddenly my apps started like this and search button too.Are you sure it's a bug not a jailbreak thing?Mine is not and when apple will fix it lol

Jacob Frye

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2024
I was just using my phone normally and i decided to restart it because I haven't done it for a single time yet and my iphone was having some recording bug so i thought a force restart would fix it.But i never knew this parallax effect would turn on somehow after a force restart i don't know what triggered it or something messed up.So I don't know is this a bug that most of the people are still facing and i should be concerned about?.Any fix would be recommended.I also tried to fully reset my phone today still this issue/bug persists. What's wrong will Apple lol

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
I have had my parallax effect turned off for ages on both my main devices and they are still turned off after a forced restart, iPhone 13pro and iPhone 14.

Jacob Frye

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2024
I am facing this parallax effect issue after a restart in ios version 17.4.1 and let's join hand's together and let apple know about this issue so that they can fix it.Anyone can help with the temporary solution on the fix of this issue or should i change my iphone lol i am so done now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.