Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogue Caper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Italy
It seems that finding a background image that makes folders look nice is not as easy as before since they change color depending on the background plus the lack of borders can look crappy depending on your image.

Someone suggested using a black background and it works for my taste.

Here is mine:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556 KB · Views: 94

Rogue Caper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Italy
In my opinion, the dock looks awful on iPad :/

It does indeed... It might be ok on the iphone, but the extra real estate on the ipad was not taken into account (maybe).

It's easy to see what they are trying to do in ios7 (apart from giving forstall the finger) but in my humble opinion it needs more time to refine the feel of it. It's just tooooooo bright.

I don't know how it feels on the iphone but on the ipad its a gremlin WMD.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
It does indeed... It might be ok on the iphone, but the extra real estate on the ipad was not taken into account (maybe).

It's easy to see what they are trying to do in ios7 (apart from giving forstall the finger) but in my humble opinion it needs more time to refine the feel of it. It's just tooooooo bright.

I don't know how it feels on the iphone but on the ipad its a gremlin WMD.

It feels fine on the iPhone, but the dock is only acceptable because you can't see as much of it. I didn't even notice the dock using it last night until I thought about it this morning and realised its a bit obnoxious.

Definitely needs refining for the iPad.... It reminds me of when a game is ported to another console... Not optimised, just a good idea thrown into another device.

Rogue Caper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Italy
It feels fine on the iPhone, but the dock is only acceptable because you can't see as much of it. I didn't even notice the dock using it last night until I thought about it this morning and realised its a bit obnoxious.

Definitely needs refining for the iPad.... It reminds me of when a game is ported to another console... Not optimised, just a good idea thrown into another device.

That's exactly right.... It's an iphone theme that doesn't quite work on the ipad.

I think ios7 was released because of the new iPhones and not because they are convinced its 100% ready.

Hopefully they will address some of the aesthetic issues with an update soon.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
That's exactly right.... It's an iphone theme that doesn't quite work on the ipad.

I think ios7 was released because of the new iPhones and not because they are convinced its 100% ready.

Hopefully they will address some of the aesthetic issues with an update soon.

In my opinion, there comes a point when it's best to just throw your product out there, listen to the feedback and pressure yourself to improve it quickly before the complaints pile up. They aren't major angry complaints - they're little gripes they can improve upon, so I don't think they will lose any customers or market share from a few unrefined sections of the new operating system. They have plenty of time to improve!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.