Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robbieson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I’m not sure this is the proper place to post this but guess I’ll find out. I have a number of vintage and older Macs starting with the original 128K Mac which I bought in October 1984 and was upgraded with the NewLife 2 (memory/SCSI upgrade with video adapter), Apple IIC with monitor., 512E, SE30 and several not so vintage machines (all pre Intel). Also have peripherals such as Dataspace 20mb HD, external floppy drives, keyboards etc and software. All of these are in working order or were last time I pulled them out of the closet. It is that time in life to downsize and want to find a home for these relics (money is not the primary objective). If this forum is not the appropriate place to post I would grateful for any suggestions. Thank you

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
If you're selling something here on Macrumors, it needs to be posted in the Marketplace forum. There's a minimum post count and time requirement as mentioned in the support articles. So you meet the 6 month requirement, but not the post count yet.

"Only users with a history of 250 posts (user title 6502 or higher) and membership for at least 6 months can access the Marketplace forum."

Berenod

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2020
I probably would say head over to the 68kmla.org forum, over there it is mainly oriented at the machines of your generation.
They have a "trading" post.
Over here is as good as it gets foor PowerPC machines, but as mentioned above, rather stringent rules to be allwed onto the marketplace.

Selling over at 68klma you will not get the "Ebay Vintage Premium", but a fair price and your stuff will go to people who actually like to own, restore and play with those machines, instead of just whacking them on Ebay trying to make profit out of what you sell to them.

And yes, where are you located?

US or EU based makes a fair difference!

Robbieson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I probably would say head over to the 68kmla.org forum, over there it is mainly oriented at the machines of your generation.
They have a "trading" post.
Over here is as good as it gets foor PowerPC machines, but as mentioned above, rather stringent rules to be allwed onto the marketplace.

Selling over at 68klma you will not get the "Ebay Vintage Premium", but a fair price and your stuff will go to people who actually like to own, restore and play with those machines, instead of just whacking them on Ebay trying to make profit out of what you sell to them.

And yes, where are you located?

US or EU based makes a fair difference!
Thanks for the suggestion. As mentioned more interested in finding a good home versus making money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.