Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacLawyer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2009
U.S.A.
I'm a Mac user so maybe a knowledgeable Windows user knows the answer. Does Windows 11 requiring the TPM and secure boot features adversely affect the homebuilt PC market?

AndyMacAndMic

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2017
Western Europe
I'm a Mac user so maybe a knowledgeable Windows user knows the answer. Does Windows 11 requiring the TPM and secure boot features adversely affect the homebuilt PC market?

I don't think so.

Modern PC motherboards have the TPM 2.0 chip and secure boot (bios) on board, so no problems at all when building a PC. It never hurts to check the compatibility with Windows 11 before buying of course ;).

Reactions: MacLawyer

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
I have a homebuilt PC with a Core i7-9700K (9th gen Intel) and I have successfully installed Windows 11. There will probably be no problem, as long as compatible motherboards are used.

Reactions: MacLawyer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.