Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fenderjag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
I have a total of 8 Cameras connected to HomeKit and they randomly go offline (sometimes all of them and sometimes only a few at once). They are a mixture of Eufy Pro 2 Cams and the Eufy Indoor Cameras.

At this point I am out of ideas. I have set static IPs for all the cameras and that did not help. I also set static IPs for all the HomeKit home hubs and that didn’t do anything. They never go offline in the Eufy App, it is just for HomeKit and when I navigate to the camera when I get the offline message the camera comes right up. At this point I am out of ideas and will try anything.

I would like to mention that I use the Omada Router System and have the Omada Wired Router and Omada Access Points including their outdoor access points. There are no overlapping 2.4ghz channels as each access point is set to a static non-overlapping channel.

I have noticed that the device used as the HomeKit Home Hub switches throughout the day sometimes, not sure if that could be an issues but with there being no way to set a preferred one, if that is the issues I think I am out of luck.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 8A6C2335-3444-4519-98D7-0E6AC5D3606E.jpeg
    8A6C2335-3444-4519-98D7-0E6AC5D3606E.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

Alfie

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2004
South Dakota
I see the same thing at times with my cameras, mostly my Logitech Circle View cameras. They’ll just randomly go offline, and come back online. Other times, they won‘t come back online until I unplug them and plug them back in. My hunch is that it is not a network issue as much as it is a HomeKit communication problem. I have had cameras in the past that are in both Homekit and their native vendor app. Sometimes Homekit will say they are offline, but if you go into the vendor‘s app, the camera is operating just fine. I wonder if they drop when a hub switch happens, but can’t say for sure.

I am hoping that iOS 16.2’s under-the-hood Homekit overhaul will fix some of these things, but I’ve been around Homekit long enough not to get my hopes up too much. :)

Reactions: beachmusic

fenderjag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
I see the same thing at times with my cameras, mostly my Logitech Circle View cameras. They’ll just randomly go offline, and come back online. Other times, they won‘t come back online until I unplug them and plug them back in. My hunch is that it is not a network issue as much as it is a HomeKit communication problem. I have had cameras in the past that are in both Homekit and their native vendor app. Sometimes Homekit will say they are offline, but if you go into the vendor‘s app, the camera is operating just fine. I wonder if they drop when a hub switch happens, but can’t say for sure.

I am hoping that iOS 16.2’s under-the-hood Homekit overhaul will fix some of these things, but I’ve been around Homekit long enough not to get my hopes up too much. :)
Message me if you are also able to notice if it happens right after a hub switch 😃.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
If you’re sure it’s not your network, then it’s hub switching for sure. That’s the bane of HomeKit right now. Apple knows we’ve been asking to be able to control the hub for years but they’re too friggen stubborn. They think they know what’s best.

• Love
Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.