Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I just managed to get a LiFX A19 light to work with Homekit after a tedious hour or so. Eventually I found a tip to change the name of the device during wifi setup (wifi settimgs in iOS). After that the LiFX app found the light and so did Homekit.

Another tip is to reset the light before trying to connect to the network. With the A19 this involves switching it off and on 5 times - it should then change color a few times before going white and is ready for set-up.

jeff_cook

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2018
I know this is an old thread but there are a few things you might be interested in.

First, I have one Levitian switch and it has been rock solid. I've had it about a month.
Good timing. The first Leviton firmware update came out last month. They original switches came with ver1.0.9 and they would lose Wifi connectivity regularly. Then finally, last month version 1.4.13 update was released and has been stable for me also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.