Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pacotobias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2023
Spain
I have been searching all over the internet without any success..?

i am looking for an all-in-one dimmer switch which is compatible with homekit and doesn‘t need a bridge such as the Eve switch just with a dimming functionality https://www.evehome.com/en/eve-light-switch

- wall light switch
- dimable
- homekit compatible
- 230v
- no bridge

The only one i could find - which is not available since more than 6 months - is from a chinese company Koogeek..!

As thread and matter has already arrived seems to be wrong that i would need still a hub or a product such as hue, etc.

help appriciated much

Last edited:

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
Not 100% sure exactly what you are after, however there is this little quirky product which works well via the Philips Hue app.

There is also the Philips Hue Dimmer Switches which can be customisable providing you have Hue bulbs!

Pacotobias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2023
Spain
Not 100% sure exactly what you are after, however there is this little quirky product which works well via the Philips Hue app.

There is also the Philips Hue Dimmer Switches which can be customisable providing you have Hue bulbs!
Thanks bl0ckhe1d and sorry for not being clear: i am looking for an all-in-one dimmer switch which is compatible with homekit and doesn‘t need a bridge such as the Eve switch just with a dimming functionality https://www.evehome.com/en/eve-light-switch

Bl0ckHe1d

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2009
Caledonia
Reactions: sparky672

Pacotobias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2023
Spain
Ah right, you are after a wi-fi enabled dimmer switch compatible with Homekit that does not require a home hub.

I searched wifi dimmer switch homekit on Amazon and this is one of many results

Thanks Bl0ckKe1d but these are only on/off switches not dimmable… in the US or better for 110v i have found plenty such as Kasa from TP-Link, Wemo, TuYa, meross, luton, etc. but none for the EU???

yottamac

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2023
I search for the exaclty the same product and the closest I found is a German company named Eltako, the product is this one. In my opinion it is even better since you can use whatever switch brand you want. I haven't tested it yet but looks promising. I also would be happy if I can dim it like this. However, I am planning to purchase and try it and I can share feedback.

Reactions: Oberhorst

Pacotobias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2023
Spain
Nice
I search for the exaclty the same product and the closest I found is a German company named Eltako, the product is this one. In my opinion it is even better since you can use whatever switch brand you want. I haven't tested it yet but looks promising. I also would be happy if I can dim it like this. However, I am planning to purchase and try it and I can share feedback.
nice one looking into it! yes this looks promising and really looking forward to see your feedback, thanks yottamac

sparky672

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2004
I am a big fan of Meross and they have dimmers, but only for their US products. It's really odd that even though they have more choices for their EU switches, none are dimmers.

FWIW, for anyone else looking at Meross switches, pay attention to their power limitations; only rated for 400 watts incandescent or 150 watts CFL/LED. I wired mine up to 1000-watt flood-lights, but I used Meross to switch control relays in between.

yottamac

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2023
I am a big fan of Meross and they have dimmers, but only for their US products. It's really odd that even though they have more choices for their EU switches, none are dimmers.

FWIW, for anyone else looking at Meross switches, pay attention to their power limitations; only rated for 400 watts incandescent or 150 watts CFL/LED. I wired mine up to 1000-watt flood-lights, but I used Meross to switch control relays in between.
Yes, I landed on them and they inded look good, but as you say, unfortenotelly (as other great products) they are made for US market only. 🤷‍♂️

sparky672

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2004
but as you say, unfortenotelly (as other great products) they are made for US market only

Actually, I did not mean it like that. If you look at their website, they have an EU version of everything else. They simply lack a dimmer for EU. Maybe there is some technical reason for this? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: yottamac

rorydaredking

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2014
Did you have any luck with these? Seems from the diagram that it might be for use with momentary switches.

Feel's like I am in an even more niche use (though it's not niche at all) that I want to have 2 way switches and dimming with HomeKit native. I can have that with shelly but don't want to have to use a bridge. And with meross I have everything except dimming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.