Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjbryce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
London
Question as per title really.

I need a replacement for Harmony Elite which is on the fritz and I'm currently having to use the Harmony Watch app with Siri shortcuts to control TV, Apple TV and Virgin Media (mostly for on/off and source select), but this relies on me being around because I can't be bothered setting up the same on other household iPhones.

I'd love to find a universal remote which is natively HomeKit compatible so voice commands could work for my household. NB I'm UK-based. I have searched but found nothing which is HomeKit compatible (a few for Alex though) and therefore doesn't require Homebridge.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
I'm not aware of any, although Matter may open that up a bit.

Future release but they think maybe next month. I've been running Harmony Hubs with a HomeKit bridge running on my Mac Mini which is on 24/7 but I'm worried that at some point Logitech's just going to shut the servers down, making adding new devices and scenes impossible. HDMI CEC seems very hit and miss from one manufacturer to another as well, so it's always been a struggle in the past to find a good HomeKit solution IMHO.

Reactions: cjbryce

TheIguana

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2004
Canada
I’d guess that a solution using either homebridge or home assistant would likely be your best bet, albeit requiring a bit more leg work on your end. It looks like there is an IR blaster from Broadlink that can be networked.

Reactions: cjbryce
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.