Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Anyone else notice that the little icon to open and close your HomeKit Garage Door opener in the CarPlay Dashboard has been removed? Me and my wife in her car get a calendar event in its place. Since iOS 13.1.2 maybe?
Hopefully they realized some people have more than one garage door and they’re adding multiple door support.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
it works fine for me but only show one garage and not the other one. It shows me the Garage Y where as i park my car(which has carplay) in Garage X! i dont know how to fix that!

Just make sure you have Suggestions enabled in the settings!

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
The feature came back for me seemingly out of nowhere. Now if only Apple can make it so multiple garage doors are supported.

Reactions: MuGeN PoWeR

Einz

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
I have mine setup to open the door automatically. I dont have to switch the split screen. It is also nice when I'm on my bike.

I'm assuming the person uses the same car and parks in the same 2 door garage everyday. Couldn't't one set it up so one phone will trigger one door and there other trigger the 2nd?

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I have mine setup to open the door automatically. I dont have to switch the split screen. It is also nice when I'm on my bike.

I'm assuming the person uses the same car and parks in the same 2 door garage everyday. Couldn't't one set it up so one phone will trigger one door and there other trigger the 2nd?
I also have mine set up to open automatically but it would be a great in case the automation doesn’t trigger, which does happen occasionally.

Doesn’t seem like there’s a way to set up separate triggers for each garage door. Would seem logical though since it uses the cell phone assigned to a particular home member to trigger location based automations for that person. Maybe it’s a bug that will be fixed. HomeKit is a hot mess anyhow at the moment with iOS 13.1.2.

Einz

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
I can send in a BR or suggestion to Apple , but I dont have a 2 door garage to test it out.

imac wannabe

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2011
Appleton, WI

How do you set it to open automatically??

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
How do you set it to open automatically??
If you want true automation, you’d have to do a workaround or HomeKit will ask you to confirm it by unlocking the phone and tapping the notification. I have mine set to turn on a smart plug first that’s tucked away in a corner when I arrive home. When the plug turns on, it opens the garage door (only when I’m home) and no confirmation needed

Reactions: BlankStar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.