Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xander054

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2018
Hi,

I have had Philips hue for a while but only just upgraded to the homekit 2nd gen version.

All the light show up but my dimmers and tap button are not configurable. They have an exclamation mark next to them and when you go into the accessory it says this accessory requires a home hub.

Ive tried going to the Hue app and deleting their configuration and then have the app take my to the home app and my Hue app and bridge are on the latest firmware. The dimmers and tap are also on the latest however some of my bulbs are not but they are updating now (seems to be taking ages).

I think this might be an issue with the home app as my logitech pop button has the same issue.

Any help would b e greatly appreciated!

Xander

LiveM

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2015
If you used them on another bridge then you will need to manually add them by serial number. This option shows on the app when you go to add a product.

xander054

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2018
Hi thanks for the reply.

They work fine on the new hue bridge everything migrated over without issue. It's when i remove the configuration on the hue app and then add them to the apple homekit app. The accessory is there and labelled correctly as the dimmer but it wont allow me to use the dimmer to create scenes. There is an exclamation mark next to the accessory and it say you must have the apple home hub (apple tv or ipad)

I've contacted Philips hue support and they said i don't need a homekit hub.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.