Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsholbrook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
Anyone else having issues with Home invites? I've tried from both and iPhone and iPad running 11.2.1 and 11.2.5. The invite appears to send and shows with a pending status on my end as the sender. The recipient never receives the invite. I've tried a dozen times per device without luck.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I was having that issue before I attempted to reset the devices and re-create the Home. Now I get an "Invitation Failed. Could not invite xxxxxxxx#mac.com because the Apple ID is not registered with iCloud.

The Apple ID is of course IS registered with iCloud. It was working fine until a recent IOS update.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Anyone else having issues with Home invites? I've tried from both and iPhone and iPad running 11.2.1 and 11.2.5. The invite appears to send and shows with a pending status on my end as the sender. The recipient never receives the invite. I've tried a dozen times per device without luck.
Invitation to Home failed

bsholbrook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015

From what I’m seeing out there this may be fallout from the HomeKit security issue that was found. Apple shutdown guest access when the issue was exposed and then released 11.2.1 to patch it. A few of us unlucky ones haven’t been right since, I have a case open with Apple hope it’s resolved soon. I’ll post updates.

Reactions: SDColorado

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
From what I’m seeing out there this may be fallout from the HomeKit security issue that was found. Apple shutdown guest access when the issue was exposed and then released 11.2.1 to patch it. A few of us unlucky ones haven’t been right since, I have a case open with Apple hope it’s resolved soon. I’ll post updates.

My wife and I are currently on 11.2.5, which was again was supposed to fix it. Still no joy. :(

Hopefully they get this resolved soon. In our case what we are trying to share are a couple of home locks, which she currently has no access to.

I am getting really tired of deleting and re-setting them up at Apple Supports request, only to find that the issue continues through each update.

Sei Kan

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2017
I have the same issues. Apple care supports can't help much here. I think it's something wrong at the iCloud side.

vipergts2207

macrumors 601
Apr 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
My wife and I are currently on 11.2.5, which was again was supposed to fix it. Still no joy. :(

Hopefully they get this resolved soon. In our case what we are trying to share are a couple of home locks, which she currently has no access to.

I am getting really tired of deleting and re-setting them up at Apple Supports request, only to find that the issue continues through each update.

I read somewhere that the HK fix wasn't in the 11.2.5 beta yet. Perhaps that's changed with today's release.

bsholbrook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
11.2.5 beta two resolved my issues. Looks like 11.2.1 or better in public stream and 11.2.5 or better in beta stream are key to overcome exploits and allow HomeKit guests/invites

Sei Kan

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2017
After several calls from Apple Support, my issues still not resolved.

I got myself an alternative way.

1. I created a new Apple ID.
2. I created a new Home using the new Apple ID.
3. I invited both myself and my wife to the new Home.
4. Allowed remote access and edit access.
5. Done.

Not perfect, but at least both of us can control the devices now.

bsholbrook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
Today’s 11.2.5 beta 2 fixed the invite issue and beta 3 fixed the ability to remotely control HomeKit from outside house.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.