Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
So I can't use the homepod as my Home app on my Apple ID just shows Loading Accessories and Scenes, I've looked online and spoke with apple they even toke a log file but can't fix it nothing works leaving it on for hours theres no reset HomeKit, all I need is to reset the HomeKit on my iCloud I've done all the things like restore change keychain but nothing works plz someone help me cos I can't use my HomeKit devices

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
Remove all of your accessories, then delete the home. This will wipe any HomeKit config saved in your iCloud account.
What you mean all i have is phillip hue set up as homekit so remove the app then home app

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
Remove all of your accessories, then delete the home. This will wipe any HomeKit config saved in your iCloud account.
Doesnt work
[doublepost=1518699994][/doublepost]
All i have is loading accessories cant get into any setting

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
Been on phone to apple for 2 hours and they said they still cant see why it doesnt work i cant belive this is happening they said only way might be make a new apple id i said hell no all my yeara of apps and films shocking

cclarke99

Contributor
Feb 8, 2014
Seattle, WA
Been on phone to apple for 2 hours and they said they still cant see why it doesnt work i cant belive this is happening they said only way might be make a new apple id i said hell no all my yeara of apps and films shocking

If you absolutely have to do that, use your current (and presumably primary) Apple ID to setup family sharing and share your stuff to a newly created account. Clearly not an ideal solution, but could be a good one until something better comes around for a fix to your problem.

Also, FWIW, if you keep at Apple, you might be able to get them to do some kind of a 'reset' on your iCloud account. I had them do that for me when I had issues a couple years ago with sync issues. It took a lot of persistence with them and escalations, but eventually they did it but warned me to back everything I had up that lived in iCloud -- especially iCloud Drive.

Reactions: orbital~debris

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
If you absolutely have to do that, use your current (and presumably primary) Apple ID to setup family sharing and share your stuff to a newly created account. Clearly not an ideal solution, but could be a good one until something better comes around for a fix to your problem.

Also, FWIW, if you keep at Apple, you might be able to get them to do some kind of a 'reset' on your iCloud account. I had them do that for me when I had issues a couple years ago with sync issues. It took a lot of persistence with them and escalations, but eventually they did it but warned me to back everything I had up that lived in iCloud -- especially iCloud Drive.
thank you I have a case with apple just waiting for engeriers to get back to me, I wish there was easy way, I have even let it run all night and still didn't get the reset option some people are saying online

Reactions: Combi06

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
Any progress? I am facing the same issue, and Apple support was less then helpful.
no 3 months and apple still didnt do nothing so had to make a new apple id and start again they wouldn't even give me a voucher to re buy my payed apps, im screwing, apple has become really bad lately

Bfarmer38119

macrumors regular
May 27, 2012
Memphis
no 3 months and apple still didnt do nothing so had to make a new apple id and start again they wouldn't even give me a voucher to re buy my payed apps, im screwing, apple has become really bad lately

Yes, I spent two months going through this with several senior engineers. I was finally told that it would be addressed in a future iOS update. No timeline. They also have had this going on for several years but they don’t seem to acknowledge it.

Involved with this was an issue they were to discover was a world wide server bug they found to fix. They didn’t give me any details but sent me a Circle 2 as thanks. So it does still happen for free stuff.

I think developers see the homekit weaknesses and so they tend to choose another platform that works to support- Alexa,etc.

Last edited:

cclarke99

Contributor
Feb 8, 2014
Seattle, WA

Sign in to your account that owns all of the apps and setup Family Sharing and add the new account as part of the family with the old account as the master account for the family... you should be able to get most, if not all, of your owned apps.

Macintosser

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Yes, I spent two months going through this with several senior engineers. I was finally told that it would be addressed in a future iOS update. No timeline. They also have had this going on for several years but they don’t seem to acknowledge it.

Involved with this was an issue they were to discover was a world wide server bug they found to fix. They didn’t give me any details but sent me a Circle 2 as thanks. So it does still happen for free stuff.

I think developers see the homekit weaknesses and so they tend to choose another platform that works to support- Alexa,etc.
This whole thing is really frustrating. I don’t remember Home app ever working for me. And now my new HomePod cannot be fully configured. I’ve read that for several people Apple engineers were able to reset their HomeKit databases on the server side and everything started working as expected. Having that in mind, I contacted Apple support hoping for the same outcome. However, “due to the policies between Apple and the country you reside in” the best they did was to send me links on how to setup Home app which won’t even open... The first thing I do after every beta release is to check if they fixed it. Fingers crossed that iOS 12 will be THE release to fix this once and for all.

natureminded

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2021
Just wanted to confirm that I experienced this issue in MacOS Big Sur after doing a time machine backup migration to a new M1 mac mini. The home app was giving me the same message, that lingered indefinitely. Only way I could find a way to remedy was to remove the Home and accessories as noted here, and setup everything fresh. Bummer, wish there was a cleaner way to reset Home without having to manually re-add all devices, scenes etc. This is a big reason I'm still hesitant to use Home full on -- seems like config gets scrambled from time to time. Thanks for all the tips here.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Came across this a while ago. Not sure it works but worth a shot.

1621277555860.png

jimbobb24

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2005
I am getting this same bug in 2023. The manual iCloud sync didn’t help. Other options?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.