Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2018
Hi

I have an Ipad pro running as a home hub. I have Lutron Casetta switches and Hue lights + motion detectors.

In the past I set up the motion detectors with the hue app and it worked flawlessly to trigger Hue lights. Now I want to use the hue motion to trigger Lutron Casetta lights. I have set up rules to do this in the Home app. My problem is that it isnt as consistent as when it was directly in the hue app and controlling hue lights. I found that changing the setup to trigger scenes rather than individual lights directly has improved consistency but delays the triggering slightly. Would an apple tv or a homepod work better as a hub than the Ipad ? Or is my problem elsewhere ? I have tried logging out of icloud, redoing the rules from scratch, updating everything and I still have the issue. The hue motion trigger is always triggered and I can see that in the home app but it just doesnt always trigger the action it should. Any ideas ?

Thanks

jondrew

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2010
I’m not sure what the issue is. I can say that both Lutron and Hue work very well with my HomePod. Never configured an iPad or Apple TV as the homekit hub. I have both color and white hue bulbs, Lutron dimmers and also have Leviton switches (Leviton can be configured in 2-way and 3-way and are good for fluorescent lights). The switches seem to work flawlessly. I still occasionally get Hue bulbs not responding. Not sure what the issue is, I have a WiFi bridge extender so the signal should be strong everywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.