Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
I setup a Philips Hue 4 light system in my home about two weeks ago and had no issues. Setup my Apple TV as a bridge and was able to control with the Home app on my iPhone X and iPad Pro.

Two days ago all of my accessories and bridge suddenly starting reporting "no response". However, I could still control them fine with the Philips app. No matter what I do I cannot get Home to reconnect to the Philips bridge and restore connection. Things I've tried:
  • Force closing the Home app and restarting
  • Trying to connect from another device, no luck
  • Power cycling the bridge
  • Disconnecting ethernet connection to my router and reconnecting
  • Restarting Apple TV
  • Ensuring all devices are updated to latest OS
  • Signing out of iCloud on Apple TV and signing back in (now Homekit no longer appears in iCloud settings)
  • Removing the Philips bridge entirely from the Home app and starting over from scratch (no matter what I do to reconnect the Philips bridge from scratch, when it gets to the point of scanning for the bridge it can never find it)
  • Downloading 3rd party automation apps (no problems detecting, connecting and controlling my accessories with these apps)

I don't know what else to do. No matter what I try, the Home app will not detect the bridge, even when starting over from scratch. But the Philips app, and 3rd party apps, have no problems connecting and controlling my lights.

I like the Home app though as it's the best way to control my lights. But so frustrated that it will not work. Anything I'm missing?

ipoddin

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Los Angeles
Since it seems no one else had the answer, and to help anyone in the future, all it took was a simple restarting of the router and homekit detected the Philips bridge. Not sure how it lost connection in the first place but it works now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.