Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Anyone know what it can be? I checked her iCloud settings and everything is enabled (HomeKit, Keychain)

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Anyone know what it can be? I checked her iCloud settings and everything is enabled (HomeKit, Keychain)
Did you check her privacy settings for location stuff? After 17.0 my wife’s settings got messed up. It didn’t mess up her HomeKit settings but did mess up some map stuff. Might be worth a look.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Did you check her privacy settings for location stuff? After 17.0 my wife’s settings got messed up. It didn’t mess up her HomeKit settings but did mess up some map stuff. Might be worth a look.
I’m pretty sure they all looked ok but I’ll take a second look. Thanks for the heads up. My kids have Screen Time set up with me and my wife as the admins. It’s extremely annoying how Apple does this. Have to disable Screen Time to get into her iCloud settings and then re-enable it after. The Screen Time settings don’t save so have to go through each one after re-enabling. Should just let us either temporarily disable Screen Time, lock it with a PIN on the child device or allow us full control of their iCloud settings on our device.

Reactions: b17777

razorog

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2024
Remove her from your home and then add her again! Last time we updated to the new structure of Homekit we had the same problem.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I discovered the issue here. For some reason, my daughter’s iPad connected to the guest network. This caused her to lose access to the HomeKit accessories. Came back alive when I reconnected her to the main network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.