Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mpalomba3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2014
Staten Island
Hi everyone I'm having some trouble with my HomeKit enabled lock and I was hoping to get some help.

A few months ago we purchased a Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt. It's been working fine since then and we haven't had any problems using it from our phones. Today, we purchased an appleTV 3rd gen. I was told that I could operate the lock from anywhere if I had an appleTV gen 3 or later.

I've signed in with the same iCloud account and the appleTV is right next to the lock but it does not work. If I tell Siri "lock my front door" she will say, "working on that" and then say "the front door is locked" but nothing happens. Also, the sense app connects to the lock when I am away but if I try to lock or unlock it the app just hangs. The mobile app and Siri work fine when I am near the lock, but not when I'm away.

So what am I doing wrong?

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
Interesting, this sounds more like an issue with the lock than Homekit, which seems to believe it's actually issuing the command and reading/writing to the lock itself. Have you tried resetting the lock?
I would give it a shot and if the same problem exists consider that it may be the lock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.