Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
I'm noticing that my iPhone is receiving HomeKit notifications (from my cameras) only when I am on WIFI.

I have a couple cameras that are set to switch from DETECT to STREAM and RECORD when I leave. And the opposite when I arrive back home.

I notice that when I get to a client office and my iPhone connects to their WIFI, my notifications that the cameras switched come in. The messages are time stamped when the event happened (so they'll say "20 minutes ago", or such).

If I'm not on WIFI (any WIFI, not just mine), I don't get camera notifications from HomeKit.

Ideas?

Mastaq1

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2016
I'm noticing that my iPhone is receiving HomeKit notifications (from my cameras) only when I am on WIFI.

I have a couple cameras that are set to switch from DETECT to STREAM and RECORD when I leave. And the opposite when I arrive back home.

I notice that when I get to a client office and my iPhone connects to their WIFI, my notifications that the cameras switched come in. The messages are time stamped when the event happened (so they'll say "20 minutes ago", or such).

If I'm not on WIFI (any WIFI, not just mine), I don't get camera notifications from HomeKit.

Ideas?
This has been happening to me as well very annoying. I don't recall if it started after iOS14 or not though. A solution would be great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.