Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
I'm crossing my fingers that I just missed it in my research rather than one not actually existing. Hopefully, one of you can help.

I know there are smart space heaters that can connect to Alexa & Google Home but I can't seem to find one for HomeKit. I don't want to do a makeshift one with a smart outlet connected to a thermostat etc or have to configure homebrew. Just looking for a smart space heater that is natively HomeKit or Matter enabled.

TYSM!

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
There was only one HomeKit enabled space heater that I ever knew of called the Rio Arc. Apparently, that has been taken off the market as I just learned in my research. Bummer. I planned on getting a few of them for myself.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
Maybe getting a "dumb" heater, one with mechanical buttons and thermostat, and connecting it to a HomeKit switch might be your only option.

With automations, it may not be that big of deal to set it up this way.

I personally have been disappointed in the HomeKit offerings. I waited a long time for a HKSV outdoor camera that had pan, tilt, and zoom, still nothing.

Still no HomeKit smart flood light.

There are few HKSV cameras with lights on them, and some with "flood lights" (I have two Eve Outdoor Cameras), but all of them have pretty weak lights on them, not like a traditional flood light performs.

Very limited HomeKit support for Garage Door openers.

Even the automations are limited.

Meanwhile, there are countless devices for Amazon and Google.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
There was only one HomeKit enabled space heater that I ever knew of called the Rio Arc. Apparently, that has been taken off the market as I just learned in my research. Bummer. I planned on getting a few of them for myself.

Yeah I saw that too. I thought maybe a Matter enabled one had made it to market by winter. I guess not. Agree it’s a total bummer.

Calumma

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2020
I bought a Rio Arc and it was great while it still worked. But it failed after about a year. Thermostat and HomeKit connection still works fine, but no actual heat. Probably a failed thermostatic fuse. Still deciding whether to try and get it fixed. Company’s app stopped working some time ago so no more firmware updates. Tried contacting company but zero response after several attempts.

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
Perhaps one of the google home/alexa supported devices you found work via homebridge?

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
Many do but I very specifically do not want that as stated in my original post.
ok whatever. 'homebrew' isnt as hard or complex as youre making it out to be, and will enable a lot of flexibility within homekit. good luck

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
ok whatever. 'homebrew' isnt as hard or complex as youre making it out to be, and will enable a lot of flexibility within homekit. good luck

I never said it was hard, I just don't want that. Don't take it too personally!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.