Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylanwho

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2015
LA/PDX
Anyone have this happen? All of my scenes disappeared. I will have to reconfigure all of them.

Unless someone know where/how they are stored, and how to recover them?

dylanwho

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2015
LA/PDX
Where are these scenes setup that you speak of?

I created them in Elgato Eve app.

I guess it didn't wipe my HUE scenes. But it did also wipe my devices from my service groups in the Eve app.

So weird.

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010

I guess it didn't wipe my HUE scenes. But it did also wipe my devices from my service groups in the Eve app.

So weird.

Oh ha. That "Elgato Eve" part seems like it would be kind of important to your question. :D

Reactions: ericgtr12

dylanwho

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2015
LA/PDX
Oh ha. That "Elgato Eve" part seems like it would be kind of important to your question. :D

Were it not for the fact that scenes created in one home kit app will show up in other home kit apps, I don't see how the snark is important for an answer, but thanks.

So you have nothing other than that. Excellent! You're very helpful.

• Sad
Reactions: JenRhaine

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
Were it not for the fact that scenes created in one home kit app will show up in other home kit apps, I don't see how the snark is important for an answer, but thanks.

So you have nothing other than that. Excellent! You're very helpful.

You're welcome. At least I answered. Obviously no one knew what you were talking about.

amjustice

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
Naperville, IL

So weird.
I don't believe Hue currently supports homekit scenes, just their own version of scenes. If you open in another homekit app like ConnectSense you should see all your scenes that you created in Eve.

dylanwho

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2015
LA/PDX
I don't believe Hue currently supports homekit scenes, just their own version of scenes. If you open in another homekit app like ConnectSense you should see all your scenes that you created in Eve.

Hue's "Scenes" will appear AS empty scenes in Eve and other HomeKit apps. I will try ConnectSense and see if it restores anything.

sos47

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2016
yesterday all my scenes disappeared (all created in iPhones or iPads Home App).
i am on 15.4 with all my devices, except one iPhone 7 which i started yesterday after 3 or so years. On the iPhone 7 iCloud sync was still enabled, may be this caused the problem. All my scenes and favorites and room associations are gone. merde.

Edit: there was a home app update (new adaptive light function) may be that causes the crash.

Last edited:

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I had the same question as HomeKit has no UI. As I understand it, the only way create anything like scenes would require a 3rd party app, is that correct?
Not correct. HomeKit does have a UI which is the native Home app and Scenes can certainly be created in the Home app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.