Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
For those of you who use HomeKit Secure Video, would be please check something for me?

In your recordings can you see if the date in the thumbnails at the bottom of the screen reflect the same date as the ‘calendar’ bar at the top? Mine are pretty much always a day out. The ‘calendar’ bar is a day behind what is actually playing. This is the same on my iPad too. I’ve also just updated to the latest beta with the same issue.

To add: if I select a date at the top then next day actually plays.

Thanks.
8f684d570a104a1506b908d842232e0c.jpg
5654ab9bdfdff5fb032c2821b17166b9.jpg

LimeGuy

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2016
Im also having this exact problem...
VERY frustrating, to say the least...

I don't have a solution yet, sad to say. . .
Where do you check for updates for the circle 2 in HomeKit?
is it just via apples normal iOS updates now, or do I have to check for updates anywhere else for the circle 2?
[automerge]1579624263[/automerge]
in my HomeKit, the sounds is playing when I try to view recorded events, but the screen is just black, and the dates are all over the place... today its Tuesday the 21'th (my birthday), but the calendar at the top says MONDAY, the 21'th, and the playback says Tuesday with the right time stamp for at split second before playback starts, just to be altered to sunday, with totally wrong timestamp as the playback begins...
100% useless. . .

what the frick?

Last edited:
Reactions: StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
Thank you for confirming. I’ve raised it with Apple as a bug but had no acknowledgement (no surprise).

FB7535485 (HomeKit Secure Video Recordings show incorrect date)

Updates for HomeKit (converted) cameras are downloaded automatically from Apple I believe. Are you using a Logitech Circle 2?

If you’re on a beta iOS please report it and reference my ID above. If not, you can report it via Apple Report A Problem website.

JamesLeSmash

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
I hoped that the latest iOS 13.3.1version would fix this (it did fix a myriad of other HSV issues/bugs from slowness to Camera timeouts) but unfortunately I still have the same date issue.

I'm not sure if it's a Logi C2 issue or Home hub (HomePod in my case) when sending the recordings to iCloud. Either way it's still present. I've not seen any updates to my camera in the Home app to date. Firmware version still showing a 8.0.48, which was the oringal LC2 HSV (beta) firmware upgrade

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
I’m on the latest dev beta of iOS 13.4 and noticed today that the dates are actually correct on my iPhone 11 Pro Max now. This wasn’t the case when I first installed this beta so don’t know if it’s a server-side fix or camera update?

Edit: my Logitech circle 2 is the same firmware as you mentioned.

JamesLeSmash

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
Interesting! I'm not yet on the beta but that suggests it's a client fix in interpreting the iCloud Server date. Fingers crossed! First world problem but it is annoying...

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
And it’s screwed again. Back to being a day out on both iPhone and iPad Pro.

Last edited:

hammie14

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2010
UK
I’m having this problem with iOS 16.6

Shows “Today at the buttom” but the date at the top shows the 2nd being a Thursday not Wednesday (as it is today at the time of writing this)

GaryMumford

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2008
UK
This is still an issue on ios17.3 beta and MacOs 14.3 beta. Seems like Apple just don't know what day of the week it is!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.