Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plett

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2016
Brilliant thanks for that, sounds like it should work well then.

Will likely invest in the apps if/when we get more devices. With one smartplug it's likely not needed yet :)
Be careful sir, automation is an opiate! I bought 2 hue lights and a HomePod last holiday and before New Years was pushing the max bulbs one could install on the Hue bridge, and had to have a selection of HomePods throughout the house to enjoy the system.

I gotta say that I haven't regretted it, automations sucked at that time, and are coming along nicely. If one if bent on playing with shortcuts many things can be done. Admittedly many things I automate are things I could do manually, but where's the fun in that!?!

Good luck

dbrewood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2018
Manchester, UK
Oh I know how addicted it can be, prior to going further into the fruity world I'd got a lot of things set up via the Amazon echo. Alas though I've a financial controller (wife) who limits automation spending. Plus the HomeKit systems available in the UK are pretty limited from what I can see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.