Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JWreck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
I’ve had this lock installed for under a year. The HomeKit module already went bad, they replaced under warranty.

Now, the HomeKit accessory inside the home app spins like it’s locking or unlocking most of the time, I have to force it to “lock” (which it already is so the lock doesn’t do anything) for it to show the proper status again.

The lock is on the latest firmware and everything is on latest iOS, and was happening before 14.2 yesterday.

Has anyone else experienced this? I’m becoming annoyed.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2003
It's a common problem with the Yale lock. I had the same problem as indicated in this post. I've since upgraded to the this kit which uses the August app instead and has a contact sensor to automate locking. It's been a couple weeks now and it works great but only time will tell if i get the same reoccurring issue with the dead module...

JWreck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2016
+1 for the August connect bridge and module.
It's a common problem with the Yale lock. I had the same problem as indicated in this post. I've since upgraded to the this kit which uses the August app instead and has a contact sensor to automate locking. It's been a couple weeks now and it works great but only time will tell if i get the same reoccurring issue with the dead module...

That’s funny because I ditched my August Pro a while ago because it kept having issues in HomeKit, then the physical lock mechanism seized up after a year. They warrantied it, then it continued to have issues with HomeKit (I had the separate module too). Door locks seem to be problematic for me...I even put an AP to serve the front of the house (Rachio, Nest Hello and door lock), and nothing else has issues.

maybe if I get fed up enough I’ll try the august module.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.