Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clg82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Southern California
Is it just me or is the experience with Siri and the homepod becoming unbearable. I have 3, 1st gen homepods, when I first purchased them they were fantastic! Nothing has changed network, location, account wise since purchase and now they are becoming unresponsive, and flat out unbearable to use. When asking one homepod to play music, set a timer, the other homepod reacts. That functionality used to work. This morning when my alarm that I set last night on the homepod in my bedroom went off, it made one chime and stopped. Luckily I heard it for the millisecond that it went off to wake up on time. Don't get me started on how abysmal Siri is. Can't even answer basic questions, can't turn off my alarm (when it works) in a timely manner, barely can connect to Apple's own Apple Music. Sorry to vent my frustrations, but WTH is going on Apple?!

• Sad
Reactions: ajcgn

sparky672

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2004
That seems to be the common complaint around here.

Have you updated all of the OS software on all of the devices? Did you accept the new HomeKit architecture? Also, have you done anything like rebooting your router and the Home Pods?

I heard the first gens are great but after these last updates, needed to be deleted and re-added to HomeKit.

I wish I could help more. Good luck.

clg82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
Southern California
All OS software is up to date, as well as rebooting and removing everything from my account. How exactly do you "accept the new homekit architecture"? Is that hidden in some settings somewhere?

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2008
HomePod hardware is fine. Apple has totally screwed up HomePod software. The HOME app is a total piece of crap. Apple has so many issues with HomeKit and the Home app it isn't funny. I am sick and tired of the utter crap software that Apple continues to put out.

Mark

Reactions: clg82 and Itinj24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.