Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cappuccino25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
I have a HomePod. Registered to my account and linked, therefore, to my iPhone and iPad.

All has worked perfectly for over 2 years. I control the HomePod with my account. The other 3 family members all have their own, completely separate, Apple accounts and can play their own music on their phones, through their bluetooth speakers, etc. Our accounts are linked in no way at all, we don't have any family memberships or anything. Completely separate.

But ever since we all updated to ios15, the HomePod shows up on ALL their phones, and when they try to play their own music, it plays on the HomePod which is annoying to them and to me!!

I've checked the 'Home" app on all their phones and the Pod isn't listed there. So how and why are they connecting to it, and, more importantly, how can we stop it doing so?!!

geolab

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2021
Hello, in Home App, click upper left home icon, home settings and scroll down to allow speaker and TV access, then choose only people sharing this home

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.