Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmfresco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
Ann Arbor
My HomePod(s) are running 13.4.8. My iPhone is running iOS public beta 14 (18A5369b). In the last few days, if I say "Hey Siri, play music by [Insert artist name]", she plays music only from my personal library, presumably from what was been uploaded, in alphabetical order (no shuffling). She will never play a list of songs from the Apple Music holdings even though I have a subscription. I can request a particular album from an artist and she will play it, even though it's not among my personal music holdings. Is this change something coming in iOS 14 or has some setting been reversed? I have not tried to replicate this issue with CarPlay yet, to see if it is unique to HomePod or something seemingly general to my iPhone. Thanks for any guidance that this wise community can offer.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
Mine says, 'cannot play this at the time' unless I name a specific artist so I don't
think I'll not be downloading any more iPhone betas after this one there's too much tied up in it I have downloaded ios14 too

Last edited:

dmfresco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
Ann Arbor
Mine says, 'cannot play this at the time' unless I name a specific artist so I don't
think I'll not be downloading any more iPhone betas after this one there's too much tied up in it I have downloaded ios14 too

So weird, I am not specifying really exotic artists, but I do have live music recordings of them (obtained legally). I wonder if that has something to do with it?

dmfresco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2002
Ann Arbor
FYI, I asked Siri to play music from my iPhone on the internal speaker and she once again only chose music from my local library and files that are in the cloud. So the issue really seems to be something in iOS 14 Public Beta.

savagewatts

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
Vancouver, BC
This happened to me when using a beta last year. It was resolved when the GM came out and the HomePod was updated as well. Bottom line, don’t put the public beta on your main driver phone that your HomePod is connected to

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.