Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
I am living in a full fledge Apple ecosystem, I have iMac, MacBook, iPad Pro, iPhone XS, Apple TV, HomePod. Now saying Hey Siri will activate multiple devices which is annoying. I know you can disable them, but that's not a solution but just a workaround.

I hope Apple can fix this of somehow rethink this feature to make it better. Perhaps allowing us to have a custom wake up message for each device independently instead of just one "Hey Siri" which will activate everything.

Please fix this Apple.

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
It activates everything for you? If I am anywhere near my HomePod it is the only thing that picks up 'hey siri' - I've been in another room and raised my watch to say it and had the Pod be the only thing that replied. Are they all signed into the same Apple ID?

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 31, 2003
I ordered the HomePod and it hasn't arrived yet. I'm just assuming if you have an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch that also "listens" for Hey Siri, then its gonna trigger all your devices, no?

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
I ordered the HomePod and it hasn't arrived yet. I'm just assuming if you have an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch that also "listens" for Hey Siri, then its gonna trigger all your devices, no?

No it doesn't. If the HomePod can hear you it will likely be the only one that responds to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.