Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

syrcular

macrumors member
Original poster
May 17, 2013
Just upgraded to 14.1 and the intercom feature doesn’t show up anywhere. Is anyone else running into this?

defn

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2015
Doesn’t show up for me on iOS 14.1 either.

Telling Siri to “Intercom the kitchen” on my iPhone causes it to display a message “You can only intercom from one HomePod to another.”

Pimmp

macrumors regular
May 13, 2018
As soon as I unpaired my homepods intercom was available but no splash screen and no "sound waves" in upper right corner of home app. Haven´t got it to actually intercom yet

antipodean

macrumors regular
May 2, 2014
I have two stereo pairs of original homepods. All four are on the same Wi-Fi network, all on 14.1 as is my iPhone. Weirdly one stereo pair has intercom, the other does not (not even showing as an option in the home app).

If I go to the pair that does have intercom switched on in the home app, I can also see a toggle for the other stereo pair, but it will not let me toggle that one on.

Something is clearly not right

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
I just looked and it looks like mine is similar to you. I have pairs of stereo Homepods and I have in the setting a new option marked intercom but underneath it says paused but both sets are toggled on

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
I just spoke with Apple Support and they told me it only works between 2 or more HomePods. Isn't this different than what they announced?

They are basing the answer on what is currently possible based on the versions available to the public. Which is HomePod to HomePod.

Once iOS 14.2 comes out, then iPhones & iPads will support Intercom, as iOS 14.2 is required to support it.

Reactions: Five_Oh

FHoff

Suspended
Mar 21, 2020
Intercom is not supported on stereo pairs. Perhaps they will correct that at a later time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.