Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
I have just purchased a homepod after having had an Alexa device for a few years in my bedroom, I'm beginning to wish id not replaced the Alex device now because I had difficulty connecting it and then when I ask it something it says, 'I have difficulty connecting to the internet please see the iPhone App" How much internet speed do you need to use it properly?

Five_Oh

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2017
Flyover Country, USA
I don't think it should need anything "faster".

What types of requests are failing, and what type of network do you have? I am curious, because I have sporadic issues with running shortcuts via the HomePod that I suspect are related to my mesh network.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
I have just purchased a homepod after having had an Alexa device for a few years in my bedroom, I'm beginning to wish id not replaced the Alex device now because I had difficulty connecting it and then when I ask it something it says, 'I have difficulty connecting to the internet please see the iPhone App" How much internet speed do you need to use it properly?
I get that occasionally as well. What I've noticed is that when the WiFi router restarts, the HomePod doesn't always reconnect itself-- it refers me to the Home app on my phone. When I go to the Home app, it seems to reconnect without much fuss, apparently I just need to check in.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
Requests for my HomeKit apps more than anythingI have to in the censors go to my home app and carry the out. The pair in the living room are no problem . I have Ann internet speed of 200MPS but it’s a black spot in the bedroom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.