Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaseyy88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Wales, UK
apple emailed me with an invite to install the ios14 beta on my HomePod i didnt think they did it for HomePod

Eduardo75890

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2016
San Francisco, CA
I also got the invite for I been a Apple Dev for 3 Years and been sending lots of Feedbacks I checked on twitter I only see a handful of people getting invites for it.

jaseyy88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Wales, UK
I’m just surprised I’m not on a developer account and found it strange as they havent done this before :)

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
I think I figured it out. i Have two homepods, one with AppleCare+ and one without. When I go to install the profile it only will give me the option for the one that has AppleCare. if You look when installing the profile it says the profile is signed by AppleCare. I’m going to take a guess that the profile is only installable on homepods that have AppleCare+ because the software cannot be rolled back if something happens.

Reactions: jacklivehere

DeanL

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2014
London
I’m going to take a guess that the profile is only installable on homepods that have AppleCare+ because the software cannot be rolled back if something happens.

Not at all. I think the update will install on both of your homepods

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
I have an Apple developer account but no HomePod invite despite having two. Anyone have any ideas how I might be able to get one?

My HomePods really couldn’t be buggier on the current release so not much to lose. With any luck it’ll fix the recurring iTunes Match issues everyone seems to be having.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.